Sunday, October 28, 2012

Scoping Around For Some More Information

Sometimes, after one of my stories runs here at the blog, I’ll get an email that gives me more pieces to the puzzle that I just haven’t been able to find. On those occasions when I thought I knew the whole story but didn’t, that can be a little embarrassing. But I don’t mind, since I never would have learned the story if I hadn’t lobbed something out there.

This is not one of those times. This is an occasion where I’ve got some random information but I just don’t feel like I’ve been able to connect the dots yet, so if anyone out there has the scoop to tell, I’d love to hear it.

Here are the pencils . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have any information on how to replace the ink in the Writescope? This is such a neat little pencil. It came out of a box of antiques we picked up from an old friend.
The lead is almost gone, but then would replacing the lead reduce it's "value"?

Thanks for the detailed info on this interesting little pencil. I recently became interested in mechanical pencils. Had some real old ones that were lost, but the info you peovided here was great! Thank you.

Unknown said...

I did mean to say pencil lead in that first sentence...

Jon Veley said...

Replacing the lead will have no impact on its value. To insert a new lead, first wind the mechanism all the way forward to be sure there's nothing left inside, then wind it all the way back, put a new piece of lead in, and press it in to seat it in the mechanism.

Jon