Sunday, October 21, 2012

Adding Both Color and Texture

This was just another face in a crowd of pencils in an online auction, and it wasn’t the one I bought the bunch for.

The pictures online weren’t the best, of this one anyway. I knew it was a large and impressive pencil, but what I was hoping for, and what it turned out to be, was a pencil with an angled top.  Does this look familiar? Remember the Colorgraphs I wrote about here back on December 8? Here is the new find posed next to those other two . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish i could contribute more than oooh's & aaaah's to your posts.

These are really cool & to discover they are duplex pieces is pretty boss.

Dennis