Thursday, October 11, 2012

Like Taking Candy From Mr. Stough

"Wow. You don’t have a glass one."

Now that’s pretty high praise coming from Janet. I’ve shown her thousands of pencils over the years, and on many occasions tried to explain to her what makes this one or that one special, valuable or well, just pretty neat. Most of the time she’ll pat me on the head and say "of course it is, honey" or "I’ll take your word for it."

Or most often, "did you say something?"

Actually, it’s not quite like that. Just recently, I showed her a pencil and she said "Now, that’s a Skyline, right?" And she was. Coulda knocked me over with a feather!

But this time, she knew instantly that the pencil I was showing her, another from the Tanya Hile’s online offerings, was truly different from any of the thousands of others I’ve shown her . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




1 comment:

Dennis said...

That is so danged COOL!

To get at the candy, one removes the pencil? or??