Friday, October 19, 2012

B Who?

The road from my home to the Michigan Pen Show ran right past the Heart of Ohio Antique Mall in Findlay, Ohio, right on Route 75, and since I’d taken the day off Friday to make the trip up I decided to stop in. This was the same mall I’d found the Eisenstadt pencil in over the holidays last year ("The Blind Squirrel Finds a Second Nut," January 3), so I figured it was worth checking back in to see if the pencil selection had been replenished.

Nope. All that was there was the same items I’d passed on last time I was there. I didn’t have time to go through the whole mall – it’s pretty big and would have taken a few hours – but feeling a little skunked, I thought I’d check where I found the Nardi pencil before ("Long Lived, the Nardi," January 4).

That’s where I found this for the bargain basement price of $25 . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




4 comments:

David Nishimura said...

Might want to correct the spelling of "Attleboro".
It's right up the road from Providence, incidentally.

Jon Veley said...

Done - thanks. Don't know how I did that with the clipping right there.

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same telescoping pencil as the first one you found!! Believe it or not, my father purchased a coffee can full of miscellaneous things in it at a yard sale. The "magic" pencil and another older pencil were in the bottom of the can!! There was also a pretty cool "Balloon Tire Gauge" in the can as well. My dad gave me the pencils a few years before he passed, then after that, my mother gave me a box full of some of his stuff and that's how I inherited the tire gauge! Just thought I'd share this with you, after reading your story!

Jon Veley said...

Nice story!

Jon