Monday, October 29, 2012

My New Mascot

Pencils with the name "Mascot" on the clip don’t get much respect from collectors. Usually, they are tacky-looking gold plated numbers, often times with an equally tacky looking plastic "jewel" mounted on the top. Occasionally you might find a hand painted, but it will still be hand painted over a tacky looking gold plated number with an equally tacky looking plastic jewel on top. Lipstick on a pig, as the saying goes.

However, when I saw this one I knew I had to have it . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would buy a Mascot? Even if it came with a Stik? Well, I bought the two together, because the came with a pen with a "snake clip" hallmark turn out to be a Frank Pearce. So I now also have a Mascot with the plastic Jewel in my collection.