Friday, June 1, 2012

Parker Writefine: The Tipectomy Was Canceled

Since a couple of my Writefines are missing the top knurled section, I put "donor Writefine" on my short list of parts to hunt for in Chicago so I could do a "tipectomy" or two.

I was wandering around the room a bit on Sunday when I passed by a table on which the dealer had a quart bag full o' stuff.  "Ten bucks," he said.  I don't know whether he was that sick of looking at this stuff or whether he was returning a favor for a deal I'd given him earlier in the day, but it didn't matter to me:  I'm like a crack whore when someone dangles a dime bag in front of me like that.  I didn't even know what was inside the bag - I bought it. 

(Pause:  no, I don't do drugs and I never have.  That was an analogy.)

Of course, I'm not the only one at the show that's like that.  After I'd taken out of it all the things I wanted, I sold what was left of the bag - for ten bucks.  To another crack whore like me.

(Pause:  that's another analogy.  Don't take me so seriously!)

Anyway, one of the items that I found appeared to check "donor Writefine" off of my list . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




No comments: