Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Will the Gentleman from Bulgaria Please Stand . . .

A few weeks ago, I saw an Eagle Stop Gauge pencil at an online auction that I just had to have.  In the plus column was everything about the pencil; in the minus column was that the seller and the item were located in Bulgaria.  I shared my excitement with my pencil buddies in Chicago as I awaited the package; most were of the opinion that Bulgarian listings were unreliable, and I'd probably just been ripped off.

I didn't care.  I'd paypaled my payment and I was standing by the mailbox with my tongue hanging out, hoping against hope that my Bulgarian contact was legit.  He was!

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




No comments: