Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Yang to My Ying

During the Friday trading at the Chicago show, I decided to wander around a bit while Michael Little was going through Frank Hoban's boxes behind the scenes, and I naturally tended to gravitate around to the front of Frank's table.  There I found a little box with a few pencils in it, and the more I looked, the more excited I got.  By the time I was finished, I'd taken about two thirds of the box.

What struck me the most was the Eversharp "Square 4" pencils that were in there.  I've got quite a few of them, as pictured on page 71 of The Catalogue, but from what I could tell, all the ones Frank had were ones I didn't have -- and all of them were in great condition.   So I had to bring the ying and yang together!

First, there was one in the same red "bumblebee" pattern as the dollar pencil I recently wrote about . . .
NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a single Square 4 (always thought it was "4 Square") pencil... It's the same plastic as the Doric secretary that you show, but is a Sqaure 4. Anyway, always a pleasure to read your blog. Thanks.