Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Leadhead's Tread: 2012 Raleigh Pen Show

I asked Terry Mawhorter if the weather is always this nice in Raleigh or if they just turned it on because there's a pen show in town.  He says it's always that nice, and I suppose that's the more likely explanation.

Terry runs two shows, the Ohio Show in November and this one.  He's been asking me about coming to Raleigh for a couple of years now, but this is the first time my schedule worked out such that I was able to go.  This year was also the first that Terry had help running the show from Jim Rouse.  I asked Jim if he could stop doing the "chicken dance" for a minute so I could get his picture . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




1 comment:

Lee said...

As a 3 year attendee (out of the past 4), I will certainly be back. I am not a big pencil hound, but I really enjoyed the services I got from Ron Zorn, Richard Binder, and Pendleton Brown. I also enjoyed the purchases I made from several merchants including the Andersons. It's a great show with room for more people (dare I ever dream Brian Gray?). I hope to make it to the DC show this year to take in its enormity, but I have a feeling Raleigh will remain first in my heart.