Sunday, March 25, 2018

Oh Yeah . . . That's Why

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 5; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

When it comes to metal Eversharp pencils, even I have a tough time making sure I’m keeping everything straight.  When I reorganized the museum a few months ago, I went painstakingly through every one in every drawer, pulling out the ones that have such subtle nuances and putting them in one place, so I don’t mistake it for a duplicate and inadvertently cull it into the boxes of stuff I take to shows.

As I was getting ready for the Baltimore show this year, I ran across this one and couldn’t for the life of me remember what was so special about it:


Then I noticed something funny about the business end.


See it?  Here it is next to a “normal” .046" (1.1mm) lead Eversharp:


It’s an Eversharp “75" in a thin model.

No comments: