Saturday, March 31, 2018

Not a Dupe

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 5; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

Recently, Jerome Lobner had this great Presto repeating pencil up for sale, in ringtop configuration:


It has a patent pending imprint and, tarnish aside, is in very nice condition:


“Are you bidding on that?” a friend of mine and frequent reader of the blog asked me, knowning that early metal Prestos are a borderline fetish for me. 

“I am,” I said.  “But after I get it, I’ll let you know whether it’s a duplicate."


It wasn’t.

No comments: