Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Flash of Style from the House of Faber

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 4; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

I paid more than I could justify for this one in an online auction:


That great green lizard-skin celluloid is really eye catching, and the chrome accents really set this one apart nicely.


It’s an Eberhard Faber, a brand I’ve always liked but which I have been even more in tune with since that series of articles I posted detailing the company’s history.  The celluloid is a little reminiscent of some of those pencils in the Permapoint series, but a little brighter.  It’s just something fun to look at on a lazy winter’s Sunday.

No comments: