Tuesday, July 24, 2012

These Are Over the Top

Over the winter, I received one of those emails from a guy who doesn’t collect pencils, who had a few pencils, and who decided he could use money more than he could use pencils. The conversation began innocently enough, with him asking some questions about what he had, and me (thinking he was interested) explaining to him as best I could what I could see from the fuzzy pictures he had.

The conversation turned quickly to "how much are they worth," followed closely by "how much would you give me for them." Sigh. I felt like I needed a shower when I was done talking to this guy. I ended up giving him some money for four pencils.

The full sized pencil in this picture was one of the ones I got from him, and it disappointed me that there was hardly anything left of the imprint on the barrel . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

could it stand for rexall.