Friday, January 23, 2015

A Very Convincing Disguise

The first thing I found at the DC show last August is the kind of thing I don’t usually buy:


It’s not marked, and it’s clearly not American – two strikes and usually that’s an out in my book. On the plus side, though, it’s a really interesting pencil to look at . . . and I’ve already written about them before:

To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jon! I saw this beautiful and unusual pencil when I stopped by your booth in DC, so I'm delighted to see the close-up photos and learn more about it. I still can't make up my mind about how it's made. One thought: if you can get a look at the inner surface of the barrel, it would look quite different from the outer surface if it's been cast.

Another thought: perhaps the heavier outlines of the design were cast, and then filled in with actual filigree (the individual wire curls).

LLK from Ohio