Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dummies For Pencils, Instead Of Pencils For Dummies

Desk pencils generally bug me. The bases are big and heavy, the pencils never fit in the folders I carry around at the shows, and I’m always fearful that if I spend any serious money on one, it’s going to get broken. Besides, desk sets usually come with one of those pesky pens!

Even so, every so often I get the urge to splurge on one, just because they are a pretty rare sight. Since the image of an executive writing instrument and that of the lowly pencil are at opposite ends of the spectrum, I don’t think they were ever in high demand, and if they were it would only as an occasional mate to a desk pen.

So when Don Lamkin had this solo desk pencil with base on his table at the Ohio Show, it was just too much for me to resist:


To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 2, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



No comments: