Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dur-O-Lite Repeaters Revisited

It occurred to me that while I was discussing the Dur-O-Matic the other day, I didn’t include a full-length shot of the later-style Dur-O-Lite Ejector pencils:


This one is imprinted with "Loyal Order of the Moose"


Dur-O-Lite apparently had a very good relationship with the fraternal organization; in addition to the Ejector line, the company made several models for the Moose, from run-of-the-mill advertising pencils to some that even had a modified clip that incorporated a moose head into it.

All these later Ejector pencils have a neat stylistic feature that you have to look closely to see:


Sets of rings, in groups of two, three, four, five, six, seven and eight. That makes for an interesting connection with another Dur-O-Lite series. Remember Lovejoy’s patent, first used by Moore then later licensed to Eversharp and also to Dur-O-Lite? Michael Little recently sent me a Moore in blue plastic:



I hadn’t seen a Lovejoy patent Moore in plastic before this one:


But when I looked more closely at the tip, there was something else that caught my attention:


One, two, three, four, five, six. Looks like Dur-O-Lite borrowed "Moore" than just the mechanism!

No comments: