Monday, November 3, 2014

Worth the Wait

A couple of years ago, a collector posted a picture of his finds on one of the online discussion forums. One of the pencils jumped right off the screen at me, grabbed me by the throat, and insisted that I type a backchannel message just to say "If you ever decide to let that one go . . ."

As I expected, he knew as well as I did what a special piece that was. He thanked me for the compliment and said he’d keep me in mind if he ever decided to sell it. Months went by . . . then a couple years . . . and finally last spring he proved true to his word, sending me an email to indicate he had enjoyed owning it long enough, so this one made its way back home:


That Coke-bottle lower barrel is a dead giveaway, and even though the clip says simply "Parker," I knew with confidence that home for this one was right here in central Ohio . . .

To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.


No comments: