Thursday, August 23, 2012

And Another Thing . . .

Saturday at the DC show I was still basking in the glow of my Carey find. I’m sure I was driving everybody crazy showing it off to anyone that looked remotely interested – and to several people who didn’t look the least bit interested. I could have gone home happy right there, but then I would have missed what happened next.

My father, Roger Veley, and Jim Stauffer stopped by my table with the news that Roger had found another Heath clip pencil they wanted me to see, so off I went, this time remembering to take my loupe with me.

They led me to Jim Carpenito’s table and showed it to me. My father had already made him an offer on it, but I must have looked pretty excited about it, because he stepped aside and I brought it home. Here’s it is, posed next to the Carey . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




No comments: