Sunday, April 29, 2018

I Spoke Too Soon

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 5; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

When I arrived home from the Baltimore Show, I’d already uploaded several articles to run on autopilot, one of which showed off an all-metal Guild pencil made by Mabie Todd (see 
https://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-completist.html).

Unfortunately, after I got back from the show, I was too busy catching up after a few days out of the office to get things photographed.  If that Guild article had run a little later, I would have included this one:


Marc Shiman, Mabie Todd maven, had this stockbroker pencil in his pocket at Baltimore.  He asked me what I thought about it and after we talked for a bit, I was surprised that he was willing to part with it.  He didn’t tell me about the box – later in the show he swung by and casually dropped it off at my table, much to my delight. 


I might regret posting this as an update right now, because at the Baltimore show Joe Nemecek turned up the metal Guild ringtop, identical to the one shown in David Moak’s Mabie in America and also shown in my previous article here.  I didn’t take my good camera equipment with me to Baltimore, so any cell phone picture I would have taken of it wouldn’t have been any better or told you any more than what I did before. 

I imagine come November, Joe will have his pencil in tow and we’ll get a group shot of all three of these.

No comments: