Monday, December 22, 2014

The Pencil That Isn't

Joe Nemecek asked me some months ago if I had ever heard of a "John Birch" pencil. I hadn’t:


The spring-loaded button on the rear end opens the jaws, which close and clamp around a piece of lead when the button is released – exactly like an Eagle Automatic. But there are two problems:



To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.


1 comment:

Chthulhu said...

Thank you, Jon! I've been puzzling over one of the ones in the second patent image since I received it, trying to figure out how it could ever be useful as a pencil.

Now all I need is a key-wound watch and a chain and a vest ...