Monday, February 27, 2012

Eversharp Week Part 1: The Oversize

A big start to "Eversharp Week" deserves a big pencil.  A few weeks ago I was looking at a fuzzy ebay picture, trying to decide whether I was really seeing what I thought I was seeing.  I rolled the dice and got lucky, finally bringing home the "oxidized Grecian Border" oversized pencil, shown here with the gold filled version shown in The Catalogue. . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company


2 comments:

Donald said...

Jon, I have your book and I enjoy your blog. My collecting emphasis is Autopoint and Eversharp.

I have a bunch of the large, or oversize, Eversharps. A couple years ago I got a new one (with box and band) for 4 bucks on eBay. Last week's score was an oversize in the Greek key pattern with the "75" size lead. It looks brand new, and not a bad deal for $14. I have a good-sized fountain pen collection, too, but what I like about the pencils is the prices! Much cheaper.

Let me know if you'd be interested in pics of my larger Eversharps.

Regards,
Don

Jon Veley said...

Hi Don,

One of the down sides of this blog format is I don't know which Don you are, so this is the only way I can respond to you .. yes, I'd love to see the pictures. Drop me an email at jveley@jonathanveley.com.

Jon