Sunday, February 19, 2012

"Eagle Week" Part 7: A Wood Pencil I Couldn't Resist

At the Ohio Pen Show, someone came up to my table with a shoebox, asking if I'd be interested in buying any pencils.  I resisted the urge to pull a Bill Engvall on her and say something like "No, but if you have any snakes in that box, I'd be happy to look at them.  Here's your sign." 

OK, if you haven't watched the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, that last line didn't make a bit of sense.  We'll just move on then.

Anyway, I normally don't go for wood pencils, but when she pulled this out of that shoebox, I just had to have it . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company


No comments: