Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More Stars and Moons for the Constellation

At page 49 of The Catalogue, there's a crude picture of the Epenco "Stars and Moons" pencils.  Truth be told, that picture was taken with my cell phone at the DC Supershow in August, because at the time I just couldn't swallow the price the fellow wanted for all three.  I don't even remember how much he said he wanted for them.  I think I was just having one of those guilty moments thinking about how much money I'd spent, how I should really be at my table selling stuff rather than shopping around, etc., etc.... anyway, they were the ones that got away at DC.

Fortunately, this fellow and I see each other at DC and Ohio every year, so in November, there he was, there they were, and I'd love to have tape recordings to compare our conversations from August and November, because I'm sure they were identical.  This time, however, when we got to the part where I was saying I thought that was just too much, and he was saying he couldn't take any less, at the end of that long pause I zagged instead of zigging and brought them home with me (for a little more than the price I listed in The Catalogue).  Here's a better picture of them now, taken with a better camera under controlled conditions . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company



No comments: