Saturday, March 21, 2015

Tempting Enough

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

Normally I don’t chase after wood lead containers, but this time I just couldn’t resist:


The Louis F. Dow Co. of St. Paul, which made “The Universal Pencil,” is something I’ve had a soft spot for since posting “The Real Housewives of Minneapolis” here almost three years ago (http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2012/07/real-housewives-of-minneapolis.html).  Just after I posted the initial article, a swarm of them seemed to turn up in rapid succession, then as quickly as the deluge began, it stopped.   This is the first bit o’ Dow I’ve seen turn up since 2012.

And it goes sooooo nice with this:



No comments: