Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Rite-Rite Footnote

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

A few weeks ago I posted an article (http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2015/01/straight-from-land-of-shaw-barton.html) about a strange line of Shaw Barton pencils that turned out to be made by Rite-Rite:


Rambling around the local antique show last weekend didn’t turn up much, but I was pleased to find this one:


This one sports a Rite-Rite accommodation clip, but the pencil is otherwise identical to the ones shown in my earlier article:


And I can proudly report to you that the Rite-Rite No. 50 sold for the princely sum of 53 cents:

No comments: