Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Other Fairchild

I’ve been on a Victorian pencil kick lately. I’m probably making up for lost time, since I didn’t pay much attention to them for the first decade or so I collected, but these days, whenever I’m checking out online auctions, I’ll search for some of the Victorian makers – "Todd" (which will pick up both Edward and Mabie), "Hicks," and another standby: "Fairchild."

One day a few months ago this one popped up during my Fairchild search:


The seller had faithfully indexed the item under "Fairchild" due to what’s written on the other side of the barrel:


To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



No comments: