Saturday, September 20, 2014

Joe's Outstanding Eagle

When Joe Nemecek and I compare notes, I’ll send him a photo of the particular pencil I’ve got a question about. Since Joe’s got his pencils photographed in slotter boxes (his pictures are over at "Joe’s Pencil Pages," http://home.comcast.net/~joe120/site/?/photos/), when he replies to me the picture he sends to me will include the pencil he wants me to see, along with a few others.

Often, as was the case with the pencil I’m showing you today, there will be something else in the tray of pencils Joe is showing me that gets my attention. Once in a great while, as was the case with the pencil I’m showing you today, I’ll completely forget about whatever pencil we were talking about and the conversation shifts entirely to its neighbor. After appropriate oohs and aahs were exchanged, Joe brought this one with him to Raleigh and I got some shots of it all by its lonesome:




To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



No comments: