Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Last Two Nails

"Back to the Drawing Board" (http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2013/08/back-to-drawing-board.html) was the second article I wrote in an attempt to identify who made a pencil marked "Guild" and owned by my friend John Coleman:


In the first installment, I’d incorrectly concluded that John’s pencil was made by Mabie Todd & Co., due to a few examples conclusively traced to that manufacturer. In the second, I had learned about the Guild Products Corporation, which purchased products from many different manufacturers, including Mabie Todd but not necessarily exclusively. With the field open to any possibility, I concluded that John’s pencil was probably made by Conklin, based on the similarity of John’s pencil to some Conklins in my collection:


In this article, we can scratch the word "probably." Insert "definitely."

To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



No comments: