Friday, December 9, 2011

Eversharp Checking Pencils Update

When The Catalogue went to press, I had space enough to illustrate a representative example of the original 1921 Eversharp checking pencil as well as the model offered from 1922 until around 1929.  Here's the shot from page 59 of The Catalogue . . . 

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company



3 comments:

Joe Nemecek said...

Hey Jon ...I've got a blue and a red. The blue one is near mint as I recall.

Jon Veley said...

I'd like to see a picture of that - would you email it to me? jveley@jonathanveley.com

Joe Nemecek said...

Hey Jon! My blue example of the Eversharp checking pencil can be found at 'Joe's Pencil Pages' web site (the site is googleable). Look under Photos for Box 31.