Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Placing the Medford

The Medford was another of the Rexall Drug Company’s store brands.  The brand appears on page 99 of The Catalogue:


I didn’t have enough evidence when I wrote the book to say that these were made by the Eagle Pencil Company, although I've always suspected it.  In the last year a couple of things I’ve found have helped me pin this one down. The one in this picture with the metal cap came from a friend of mine, who stopped by the office with a baggie full of pencils he thought I might like:



And remember the Epenco "Gleam" pencils?  These were in one of my first posts here (http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2011/11/eagle-update.html):



Check out this set, which turned up in an online auction a few months ago:




I don’t think the evidence gets much stronger.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Nice, neat, and tied up with a bow.