Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hooray (and Drat)

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 4; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

A few weeks ago, I posted a plea for donor clips to transplant onto a few Eversharp Dollar Pencils which were missing their bolted-on clips, including this one:


Michelle Wills Hart answered my distress call, writing to tell me she had a black faceted Dollar Pencil with that same clip which was available.  When it arrived, I took a close look:




Yep.  It’s a different variant.  I’ll have to wait for the next one to come along for a donor, and in the meantime I transplanted a clip from another donor that turned up to complete my black clipless wonder.  That makes four variations of the black Eversharp dollar pencils with Equipoised mechanisms:


Round, faceted (one piece), faceted (with fused round nose) and faceted with a fused round nose and a yellow accent band.

No comments: