Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Expensive Tuition: Part One

This article is really going to upset some people, so for now, I’m going to call this “part one” on the subject of Parker Imperial Vacumatic pencils.    When someone comes forward and explains to me why you can’t build a Parker Imperial Vacumatic pencil out of about $20 worth of spare parts, I’ll clarify that in part two.

But I wouldn’t be writing this article if I wasn’t pretty sure there wouldn’t be a part two.

The Imperial Vacumatic is pretty rare, and the pens cost hundreds of dollars.  I caught up with one of the pencils at the 2012 Ohio Show, but I don’t remember who had this one.  Forgive the quality of the pictures – these were shot in the dark, dark hallway outside the ballroom:


To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 2, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.




4 comments:

George Rimakis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian McQueen said...

The Imperial cap has a cartouche for engraving. The 51 cap doesn't.

Jon Veley said...

Hey Brian, thanks for the comment. Did you read part 2?

http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2013/09/expensive-tuition-part-two.html

Brian McQueen said...

Ah! Well, no I didn't. Who'd have thunk it?