Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hooray (and Drat)

A few weeks ago, I posted a plea for donor clips to transplant onto a few Eversharp Dollar Pencils which were missing their bolted-on clips, including this one:


Michelle Wills Hart answered my distress call, writing to tell me she had a black faceted Dollar Pencil with that same clip which was available.  When it arrived, I took a close look:




Yep.  It’s a different variant.  I’ll have to wait for the next one to come along for a donor, and in the meantime I transplanted a clip from another donor that turned up to complete my black clipless wonder.  That makes four variations of the black Eversharp dollar pencils with Equipoised mechanisms:


Round, faceted (one piece), faceted (with fused round nose) and faceted with a fused round nose and a yellow accent band.

No comments: