Saturday, November 5, 2016

Ever Slight

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 4; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

This nifty little set caught my eye at the Raleigh Pen Show last June:


As the lid indicates, the set is a miniature Ever-Rite set.  The Ever-Rite brand is one I haven’t fully figured out yet, with it’s Sheafferesque and DeWitt-Lafrancelike features which had me thinking about the intricate connections between so many manufacturers that my head was left swimming (see http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-evidence-continues-to-build.html):


But on this crisp fall Saturday, all I wanted to do was show you this neat little set.  The pencil is unmarked with an enamel barrel, but the pen is marked on the “band” of unpainted metal:


No comments: