Saturday, October 1, 2016

Clearing Out a Few More No-Names

Most of the time, the “no-name” pencils that find their way into my collection these days arrive in a batch with a bunch of other stuff, like someone you don’t particularly care fore that hangs around with a friend.  Yeah, sure, as long as you’re already here, you might as well stay . . . I’ve got a little drawer of Walthams that have built up over the years that way.

but today's I picked up on purpose, from Mike Little:


The action isn’t very unusual - just your run-of-the-mill nose drive pencil, but I liked that anodized lower trim band and the faceted top, neither of which I’ve seen before.  The name on the clip is unfamiliar to me as well:


“Pocket Pal.”  That triangular logo might prove to be the clincher some day, but as of now I don’t know what that is.  There is another clue on the barrel:


It’s a salesman’s sample, for the “Sales Builder Sample L-315.”   I think the L designation suggests Lipic, out of St. Louis, but it could just as easily be some random model designation.

No comments: