Saturday, December 26, 2015

This Counts as Two, Right?

A while back I posted about a nifty four-piece set of Burnham Canasta Pencils:


Even though I still strive mightily to limit myself to American pencils (Burnham, for those who don’t know, is an English make), when a second telltale gold foil box showed up in an online auction, duty required me to have a closer look:


And of course, once I looked, I had to buy.  These two sets just go so nicely together:


The box lid says “Harrod’s” on the new addition – points off, since the Burnham Canasta Set lid is way cooler.  But the card suit imprints on the four pencils?  That more than levels the playing field!

There’s a saying in my house .... more of a warning, actually.  Two’s a coincidence, three’s a collection.  I’m going to count this as two items and cling to the notion that I’ve got a coincidence here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eight by my count. Fear not of death and pain, 'til Burnham Pencils come to Dunsinane (or Indiana). Dave

Larry Liebman said...

That's my saying! One is a curiosity. Two is a coincidence. Three is a collection!