Saturday, December 26, 2015

This Counts as Two, Right?

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 4; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

A while back I posted about a nifty four-piece set of Burnham Canasta Pencils:


Even though I still strive mightily to limit myself to American pencils (Burnham, for those who don’t know, is an English make), when a second telltale gold foil box showed up in an online auction, duty required me to have a closer look:


And of course, once I looked, I had to buy.  These two sets just go so nicely together:


The box lid says “Harrod’s” on the new addition – points off, since the Burnham Canasta Set lid is way cooler.  But the card suit imprints on the four pencils?  That more than levels the playing field!

There’s a saying in my house .... more of a warning, actually.  Two’s a coincidence, three’s a collection.  I’m going to count this as two items and cling to the notion that I’ve got a coincidence here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eight by my count. Fear not of death and pain, 'til Burnham Pencils come to Dunsinane (or Indiana). Dave

Larry Liebman said...

That's my saying! One is a curiosity. Two is a coincidence. Three is a collection!