Saturday, December 5, 2015

Such an Eeeeenteresting Bit of Ephemera

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 4; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

Pat Mohan had this to show off at the Ohio Show:


It’s what appears to be a trade card for Sheaffer leads, with an interesting “point” to it:


Yes, I did manage to poke myself twice with the damned thing by the time the show was over.  Why would someone embed a sharp tack in a trade card?  The answer is on the reverse:


Ahhh.   Nice to know how to use it, and nice to know that it was printed in February, 1931, too!  As instructed, I selected a Sheaffer Balance – I chose the red dyed one from “This One is to Dye For” (http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2013/01/this-one-is-to-dye-for.html):


I’m remembering my Bugs Bunny: such an eeeenteresting pencil for an eeeenteresting display . .

No comments: