Saturday, February 7, 2015

(Auto) Point of Order

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

During a recent article concerning some interesting Autopoints (
http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2014/12/which-part-to-use.html), I commented with respect to this maroon example that the faceted cap that I wasn’t sure whether the cap should be faceted or round.


I did hedge my bet a little. I didn’t say that I’d never seen an example with a maroon round cap, and that’s because there wasn’t any wood handy to knock on. Good thing, too – less than a week after that article posted, one popped up online:


Note that the example on which it was found has nickel-plated trim rather than gold filled. Although caps are interchangeable, do you suppose the gold-filled trim was part of a package that also included the "diamond cut" cap?

No comments: