Saturday, February 7, 2015

(Auto) Point of Order

During a recent article concerning some interesting Autopoints (http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2014/12/which-part-to-use.html), I commented with respect to this maroon example that the faceted cap that I wasn’t sure whether the cap should be faceted or round.


I did hedge my bet a little. I didn’t say that I’d never seen an example with a maroon round cap, and that’s because there wasn’t any wood handy to knock on. Good thing, too – less than a week after that article posted, one popped up online:


Note that the example on which it was found has nickel-plated trim rather than gold filled. Although caps are interchangeable, do you suppose the gold-filled trim was part of a package that also included the "diamond cut" cap?

No comments: