Thursday, September 12, 2013

Expensive Tuition: Part Two

I have nothing but good news to report to you concerning the Parker Imperial Vacumatic.

A couple days ago, I posed the question: whether an ordinary (but less than common) “squiggle line” Parker 51 cap posted atop an ordinary Parker Vacumatic would create a pencil indistinguishable from a Parker Imperial Vacumatic worth many, many times more than the sum of these parts.


The answer, for those who have been hoarding their brown Vacumatic pencils these last two days, is no – two plus two does not equal three hundred.  Three frequent contributors here at the blog – Matt McColm, George Rimakis and Daniel Kirchheimer, all emailed me to let me know how the Parker Imperial Vacumatic pencil differs from what I’d put together – and in the process, they gave me the opportunity to circle back around to something I’ve been wanting to write about for a long, long time.

To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 2, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



No comments: