Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Wee Bit O' Green

I wanted to post something green for St. Patrick’s Day, and Joe Nemecek brought something to the Baltimore Show for me to photograph that fits the bill:



These are a pair of Waterman Lady Patricia pencils. The Lady Patricia was a smaller, less expensive alternative to Waterman’s flagship Patrician line. I’ve never seen an example in jade green:


These Lady Patricia also came in metal overlays, and the other example pictured is Waterman’s rare "Bay Leaf" pattern. I had the opportunity to buy it from Jim Baer in Philly, but since I’m still learning about Watermans, I didn’t feel comfortable enough at the time spending the kind of money it would take to acquire it, so I called Joe over and he ended up purchasing it. "I should have bought that one," I admitted to Joe during the photo shoot.

"Yes, you should have," was all he said.


Guess I’m a little green myself!

No comments: