Friday, November 2, 2012

OK, Maybe I Had The Second Prettiest Wasp . . . Or The Third

I’ll never learn not to put "est" on the back of a word. When I found a lovely rust and teal example of a WASP pencil (that’s the Sheaffer brand - WASP stands for W.A. Sheaffer Pen Company), I’d proudly announced over at Fountain Pen Network that I’d found the prettiest WASP.

As I was cruising around the online auction sites a while back, I saw a picture of another one, but I just wasn’t sure what the true color of it was. I figured what the heck- at worst its another example in the same color, and I love that color. But at best:


This really was bright red and bright blue! It really does look nice next to my "prettiest WASP," which is now tied for the lead:


Or is it? A few weeks ago Matt McColm emails me about another WASP he thought I might like – and he thought right. It took me about five seconds to click buy it now and bring this one home:


This is another WASP, in the same form as those in snakeskin and "howling souls" patterns, but this time it’s rendered in Sheaffer’s classy ebonized pearl:


So I’m not going to say "prettiest" anymore. They are all just damned pretty!

3 comments:

Dennis said...

Your right man, those are some fine looking pieces!

Dennis

Sheafferer said...

Damned pretty is way right for me, Jon.
Cheers,
Nicholas 'Sheafferer'

---------------
nescencua necat

Sheafferer said...

sorry, my signature didn't work here, hopefully now it does:

---------------------
nescencia necat