Sunday, September 16, 2012

One Classy Find

The one thing about us rabid leadheads is that each of us knows and understands the feeling of seeing something in an online auction and actually having a feeling of panic that someone else might win the auction. Once in a great while, we will send a very short message out to our brethren who we know are probably also watching:

Dibs.

A while back, Joe Nemecek sent out such a plea for a particular piece that came up for sale. I did have it saved in my watch list, but hey . . . Joe called it, so I let it go and Joe did end up winning. There was, however, a small price for Joe to pay for me to sit on my hands: he had to bring it with him to DC so I could photograph it . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




No comments: