Friday, April 20, 2012

A Couple More Masterful Mastercrafts

In the late 1930s, Moore introduced the "Mastercraft" series of pencils (and pens).  Here's a picture taken from page 102 of The Catalogue.

They generally fall into two categories:  the ones on the left have two bands, mid-lower barrel and mid-upper barrel, while those on the right have a single center band. 

I wish I could say today that I've found a short brown one to match the one third from left.  Nope.  But I did find a couple neat center band examples.  For starters, I did find a large brown snakeskin patterned example to match that short one in the center . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company




No comments: