Monday, March 5, 2012

Leadhead's Tread: Baltimore 2012 Show Report

Before this last weekend, neither Janet nor I had ever been to Baltimore, but we received a great introduction to the city when we decided to attend the second Baltimore Pen Show this year!   For such a new show, this one already has that warm, comfortable feeling, like attending a family reunion -- in a good way, that is -- I mean, the kind of reunion you'd have with family you like.

The Baltimore show is smaller than the other shows I regularly attend, but I don't like to use the word "small," because it sounds like a negative.  "Intimate" might be a better word to use.  I knew nearly all of the people who were in attendance, and since it was a smaller show, I didn't feel so rushed to see everything -- that meant I was able to spend much more time talking with people and catching up during the show.   I thought it was a good thing.

I should have taken shots during the show on Saturday, but I was pretty busy messing around with pencils.  Sunday morning I did take a couple pictures of the rooms in which the show was held . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company


3 comments:

Joe Nemecek said...

My Friend: The reason the floor numbers are different is that the hotel and lodge sit on a steepish hill. The second floor of the hotel is thirty feet lower than the fifth floor of the lodge. Truth is stranger than fiction. Joe

Joe Nemecek said...

My vote is to blog the wood grained Wahl-Eversharp first. Joe

John said...

My vote is to blog the Eversharp in chinese red and black, seventh down on the left.

John