Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eversharp Week Part 3: The British Invasion

Here's a better picture of a series of early Wahl Eversharps shown on page 60 of The Catalogue.

Now as a rule, I try to limit myself to American mechanical pencils.  The two at the top are marked simply "Eversharp," so at the time I found them (the first at the Washington DC show a few years back) I thought they probably were American.  However, the soldier clip teal one came from England off of an online auction, as did the middle example.  I'm pretty well resigned to the idea that all of these are English, and I'm also resigned to the idea that I'm going to keep collecting them simply because they are so darned pretty.

At the Ohio Pen Show, I saw something in a junk box that just didn't quite look right . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company


1 comment:

vinay dhaka said...

I got such a good information on this topic its very interesting one. You made a good site and I have found a similar website please check this one Key Storage Safe visit the site to know more about Safelocks.