Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Tale of Two Empires . . . Maybe

At page 53 of The Catalogue, you'll find an example of the "Empire," along with my suggestion that this was either an Eclipse subbrand or the clip was licensed.

A few weeks after the book came out, I got one of those "Nuh uh!" emails that run the gambit from helpful to heckling.  This one was from my friend Michael "Ferengi" Little, who does his fair share of "na na boo boo" dances but who has in the short time I've known him provided me with a lot of good information . . .not to mention a lot of good pencils.

Before we get to Mike's happy dance, here's a photo showing the similarities between the Empire and the Eclipse . . .

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company


No comments: