Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sheaffer Week Draws to A Close. Golf, Anyone?

When I shot the picture of my Sheaffer golf pencils that appears on page 137 of The Catalogue, it was like trying to organize a can of worms.   The unusual shape of these little guys, combined with my determination to shoot them on the wood background, had them rolling all over the place everytime I backed up to take the shot.   Although I'd like to say I posed them artfully for that picture, the truth is that was the only position they would all hold still and look reasonably symetrical with the imprints facing up. 

Since The Catalogue went to press, I was able to find the other two reasonably available colors -- black and jade -- and frankly, I was dreading trying to choreograph five of these guys instead of just three.   So I chickened out and used the soft black background for this shot.  And yes -- I did pose them artfully this time!

NOTE:  This article is now included in the print version of The Leadhead's Pencil Blog, available anywhere you buy books, or also from The Legendary Lead Company.

To order, here's the link:  Volume 1 at Legendary Lead Company


No comments: